Since 2010, No More Empty Pots (NMEP) has worked to connect individuals and groups to improve self-sufficiency, regional food security and economic resilience of urban and rural communities through advocacy and action. Our efforts to combat food insecurity while strengthening a more robust and resilient local food system have led us to Community Harvest.
Community Harvest is a local food subscription service in which households or organizations can subscribe to receive recurring pick-up or delivery of fresh local food. Currently we offer Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) boxes, prepared plant-based meals, and local food products like milk, eggs, yogurt and jam.
Community Harvest bolsters the local food system and economy by investing in the farms and families who share your values and that you can trust to grow your food. At NMEP, we select or “aggregate” items in our weekly or bi-weekly CSA box from over 40 local farmers, whom our culinary team also source seasonal ingredients from to prepare scratch made meals. We can remove barriers for families and individuals in accessing more fresh local food by offering pick-up or delivery and a variety of payment options including SNAP match.
As a subscriber, you can set and define your own health goals for choosing Community Harvest. Whether you subscribe for meals or CSAs, you’ll be introduced to a wider variety of produce and be able to experiment with the diversity of flavor and recipe options for plant-based food. Our team produces new articles each week on our Resource Hub to educate subscribers on produce preparation and storage tips, recipe recommendations and farmer profiles.
Community Harvest allows food to become an equalizer. Subscribers rise above differences in food access to offer encouragement and support to one another. You are invited to co-create and participate in building community on our Community Harvest Facebook Group or by attending social gatherings hosted at the Food Hub where food and education are at the heart of meeting.
Our team at NMEP is working hard to promote Community Harvest in Greater Omaha to increase the number of households and local farmers impacted. Join us as we work toward creating a healthier, more resilient community!
– Subscribe your household to receive weekly or bi-weekly delivery of prepared plant-based meals ($7/meal) and/or CSA boxes of produce and local food products ($25/box). SNAP match is also available
– Offer subsidized subscriptions as part of your Employee Wellness Program. Let Carla Gornall know you’re interested at email@example.com
– Raise awareness about subscription and household delivery by requesting a booth or virtual presentation
– Become a drop-off site for employees or clients to conveniently pick-up their orders
– Submit a Food Support Application if you or someone you know would benefit from subscription at no cost
– Sponsor the cost of subscription for a neighbor by showing #MadLove
Promote Community Harvest at your workplace to incentivize employees to take advantage of this local food and wellness opportunity! Share the flyer in your internal communication or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Contact email@example.com or call 402-933-3588 with questions or opportunities to partner!
To stay informed on The Wellbeing Partners’ resources:
– Sign up for our Newsletter
Published September 13, 2021