Share your mental health story.
Mental health is important for everyone. The way our communities discuss mental health and mental illness is important for everyone.
While 1 in 5 people will experience a diagnosable mental health condition in their lives, 5 out of 5 will go through a challenging time that affects their mental health. Our mental health is something we need to care for daily. Please share your stories of caring for your own mental health and/or the mental wellbeing of others.
Your mental health story is part of what makes up our community understanding of mental health. Share your story to encourage and educate others.
Here are just a few examples of the kind of story you could share:
- – something you’ve learned about mental illness through a first or secondhand experience
- – what you’ve learned about supporting someone with mental illness
- – an experience of mental health or mental illness stigma
- – stigma-busting actions you’ve encountered
- – self-care while supporting someone with mental illness
- – how you maintain good mental health through hardship
- – how you’ve grown your resiliency or coping skills
- – supporting employees through tragedy, hardship, or mental illness
- – how COVID-19 has promoted positive discussion or action around mental health in your family, workplace, and/or community